Through the years, H.O.T. has been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a friendly and positive manner. Long before others were paying attention to environmental issues, we implemented the following Environmental Vision and Management Policy:
• Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp.
• We recycle tons and tons of paper every month. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort, with a buy-back revenue stream that covers only a small fraction of the cost of our efforts. That's OK, we believe it to be a very valuable effort.
• We use recycled papers whenever possible, and encourage others to do the same.
• We use inks and toners that are recyclable.
• We use chemicals and solvents that are almost 100% water soluble, bio-degradable, and recyclable. They are often more expensive, but we consider these products to be a wise investment.
• We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption and to minimize the usage of all raw materials.
• A very important way that we urge our customers to partner with us in our environment efforts is by using our digital/internet ordering, proofing, and reordering system. Use of our digital ordering system enables all of us to save substantial amounts of gasoline and other raw materials.
• If you have suggestions about how we could further our environmental impact, feel free to contact us with your ideas.
•Certifications from FSC, SFI and Soy Ink Council.